Key points about this information item A Pyrenees ski lift passes guideInformation Description:
There are two companies offering combined lift passes in the Pyrenees region and between them they cover 12 of the regions ski resorts.
The advantage of using either of these cards is that a discount is given over the normal cost, plus there is no need to go to the lift pass office. In addition, the passes are electronic, meaning that you do not need to show it at the lift or even get it out of your pocket, so less chance of losing it. If you do lose the card, it can easily be replaced and any remaining days on the card are not lost.
This company offers a total of 300 km of downhill skiing over 221 pistes at the following resorts:
- Domaine de Tourmalet - La Mongie and Bareges
- La Pierre Saint-Martin
- Pic du Midi
One advantage of this scheme over the Altiservice card, is that the resorts are a little closer together, so that if you are based near to La Mongie it would be possible to visit other resorts. The Télé N’Pass No’Souci costs 24€ if bought on the website and allows you to turn up at any of the resorts and just ski. The cost of the days skiing is debited from your bank account at a reduced rate.
In addition, if you lose your pass, it will be replace free of charge (first time only) and you will not loose the skiing you have paid for.
N-Py have another offer for ski pass holders - if you decide that the weather is bad or you cannot go skiing for family reasons, for example, you can cancel the days skiing you have booked by visiting the website before 10 am and get a refund for the day.
N-Py offer a number of alternatives :
- Buy on-line : This service allows you to pre-order your lift pass on-line, pre-loaded with number of days and locations. Discounts and offers area available, including free snow insurance for purchases of six days or more.
- Ski first / Pay later : Using this service, the number of days skiing and locations are recorded and the cost is debited from your bank account on pre-set dates. Discounts of 30% are available for this method.
- Season passes : For committed ski addicts, a season long pass can be bought for the seven French resorts plus Pic du Midi and in addition there is a season pass that includes five Spanish resorts.
Consult the website for full details, but there is something to suit most people and it avoids queueing at the ticket office or lift.
This company offers a total of 320 km of downhill skiing at the following resorts:
Altiservice have a number of different offers, but at the moment their winter website is in the process of being rebuilt. As soon as pricing etc becomes available it will be included here.
The resorts in the scheme are fairly well spread out, meaning that you are unlikely to visit them all unless living in the region or coming skiing every weekend. Staying in in St-Lary-Soulan, would give access to Luchon and Gavarnie but make the other resorts to much of a drive.
Offers from last season included :
- Unused hours on the card are carried over.
- Earn points to gain a free days skiing.
- Students can get one free day for each three days bought.
In summary, the cards are useful for the holiday skier as they can offer discounts and incentives for booking on-line before arrival in resort. For the resident or regular visitor, the cards offer an easy and cheaper way of getting onto a number of different resorts.
However, the cards only cover about a third of the resorts in the area and therefore may not be available to you and by using them you may miss out on some lovely small ski resorts.
For more detailed resort information, have a look at our ski resort guides. Have a look at the latest discussions on the ski and snowboard group on MyGuide2.
Online plant sales, based in Escanecrabe, Midi-Pyrenees, France