Key points about this business Phoenix Animal Rescue, animal welfare charity based in the Dordogne, south west FranceAccommodation Description:
Phoenix Animal Rescue, animal rescue charity in south west France
Phoenix Animal Rescue is based in the Dordogne, but people adopting animals have come from as far as Normandy and fund raising events are held all over France.
The charity is run by husband and wife team Sheelagh and Richard, who on arriving in Dordogne quickly noticed the lack of sufficient animal shelters and re-homing centres. The local SPA was completely overrun and many animals were being put down simply due to lack of space.
In 2001 we became an officially registered charity - an 'Association Loi 1901.' This status allows us to be in receipt of funding - essential, as before we had to dive deep in our pockets for every euro.
Phoenix is a non-profit making organisation, run on a voluntary basis. We have no paid staff and rely entirely on the goodwill of our helpers/supporters.
Phoenix is a network of foster homes, not a single adoption centre. The dogs and cats are fostered and integrated happily into family life.
We operate on the principle of 'small is beautiful', concentrating on only one or two newcomers at a time, so as to give them maximum care and attention before offering them for adoption. Some stay, and become permanent members of their foster households.
We don't put animals down. At Phoenix, every unwanted animal becomes a wanted companion.
What are our aims?
- To respect, safeguard and protect all animals, tame and wild alike.
- To help and heal, physically and psychologically, the suffering and unloved.
- To promote sterilisation and to fight for the systematic sterilisation of all animals offered for adoption by shelters.
- To alert people to the desperate plight of the millions of unwanted animals, and to encourage them to adopt.
- Develop all means of promoting recognition and respect for animals as sentient beings.
What do we do?
- Take into our network of foster homes abused, abandoned and unwanted animals, and offer them for adoption where possible.
- Act as intermediaries between people wishing to adopt from local Shelters and the Shelters themselves.
- Run a service putting people with animals to re-home in touch with people offering homes, thus avoiding the unnecessary stress to the animal of being taken into care.
- Advise on all aspects of animal care and, more particularly, on the French animal welfare system.
- Take our aims and animals into the classroom in order to develop a responsible attitude right from the start.
Animals that need a new home will be added to the classified listings as well as the re-homing group page in MyGuide2. Please take a look at the latest advert and see if you can offer a family home to an unwanted animal.
Phœnix Horse Rescue
We would like to hear from anyone who wishes to adopt a rescue horse or pony.
For adoption availability visit the Phoenix Animal Rescue website and click on click on HORSE RESCUE then HORSE ADOPTION.
Contact our coordinator, Letje Visser on : tel 05.53.50.53.65
Please use the contact form below to contact Phoenix Animal Rescue or take a look at the Phoenix Animal Rescue website.
Garden and landscaping centre, Boulogne-sur-Gesse, Haute-Garonne, Midi-Pyrenees